Monday, July 13, 2009

I love campfires!

Have you ever had one of those family vacations that was anything but enjoyable? Arguing siblings in the backseat, a rainy camping trip, sightseeing that wasn't as spectacular as you had expected, etc. I sure know I have. However, as I was sitting around the fire with my family last night I was able to see that it is those moments that bring you together. As we sat and reminisced over our years of camping together we were able to have so many laughs about my mom being paranoid over each and every campsite, not being able to take showers for who knows how long, swimming in dirty creeks, getting lost in the badlands, being overtaken by racoons or cockroaches, scaring off the neighboring campers and many others scenarios that seemed quite rotten at the time. Growing up I can remember Mark Beeson using the phrase, "We're making memories" in several of his messages about situations such as these. It is all too true. Despite the ups and downs, the arguments and the sticky situations, I love my family. I love campfires. I love camping. I love memories. The end.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kara I just read your first two blogs . WOW, I learned something about my daughter today. I could see your love for Christ and your maturity in your words. I am so proud of you.

7/16/2009 7:47 AM  
Blogger Cassie Hallam said...

hey! when is our small group going to have a campfire?!? i miss you guys so much already!!!

8/05/2009 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home